Saturday, April 25, 2009

My New True Crime Books Order 26 April 2009

My new true crime books are getting delivered tomorrow so I am going to order my next lot now to be delivered in ten days' time.I tried to order a Kindle 2 from Amazon but unfortunately they do not deliver to South Africa.So I went online and found a local site.So instead of paying USD 359.00 from Amazon I will now be paying USD 550.00.I have worked out that I will make a 40% saving on each book and judging from the value of the books I order monthly I would have paid off the original investment in 6 months via Amazon but this way through the local site it will take me 8-9 months to pay off.Still not bad,considering I have no intention of ever not reading.So hopefully this is my last big order of paperbacks.(I have to wait 25 days for my Kindle).I cannot wait to just click and have my "book" right here instantaneously.I love modern technology!!!!!!!!And then I read some reviews and one lady mentioned she reads off her kindle while on the treadmill and you have no idea the contraptions I tried to invent to be able to read a book while on the treadmill.Once my book flipped and hit the lady in front of me on the exercise bicycle.She still looks at me like I am weird!The book was "Suffer The Little Children" so I dont even want to know what she was or still is thinking.

Anyway here is the list of my new books:
American's Dumbest Criminals: Based on True Stories from Law Enforcement Officials Across the Country by Daniel R. Butler
This is a sequel to the original book of the same title. The collection features 100 true but stupid attempts (and humorous) attempts at crime.

An Almost Perfect Murder by Gary C King
Kathy Marie Augustine was not out to make friends. In politics, she rose to the top by playing hardball. When she died, only a few people shed tears,including the man who killed her. This title takes us into the life and death of a famously ambitious woman politician, behind the scenes of the investigation that unearthed secrets.

Base Instincts: What Makes Killers Kill?
Author(s): Jonathan H. Pincus
Jonathan Pincus examined and probed into the family and medical history of numerous serial killers to analyze what creates and triggers the violent instinct. This text is an accumulation of his findings, as well as a look at what can be done to stop people becoming killers.

Butcher by Gary C King
This title contains three stories that include, His Goal: To Kill An 'Even Fifty , His Methods: Rape And Torture , and The Pig Farm Murders .
-His Goal: To Kill An 'Even Fifty - They called him Uncle Willie. At night, Robert 'Willie' Pickton visited the streets of Vancouver's Downtown Eastside. The women he picked up never came back...
-His Methods: Rape And Torture - For years, police built a long list of missing prostitutes, women at the edge of society. Some people claimed there was a serial killer. One detective lost his job for saying so. But investigators didn't have a single body...until someone found a skull sawed in half...
-The Pig Farm Murders - On land that had made his family millions, on a squalid pig farm near a school, a condo development and a Starbucks, Robert Pickton ran a house of horrors for decades. Friends, neighbours and community leaders came and went, while Pickton committed debauchery, torture, and bloodletting rivalling the worst on record. What he did to his victims was unspeakable. What he did to the bodies was unimaginable. How he got away with it is the most shocking crime of all...

Love,Lies And Murder by Gary C King
In 1996, Janet March, wife of Nashville, Tennessee, attorney Perry March and mother of two young children, mysteriously vanished. For more than ten years, authorities searched for her body and their prime suspect in her murder was her husband, who maintained Janet simply left. Soon, investigators untangled a web of deadly secrets all leading up to a sensational trial.

And then while I was searching for An Almost Perfect Murder by Gary C King I came across this book with the same title.Read the bit below about the book and then explain to your husbands what happens to husbands who don't listen when we insist on certain things being done around the house.

An Almost Perfect Murder by John Suter Linton
On a Sunday evening Ricky Conway, mother of two and estranged wife of a serving police officer, was found deceased in her Canberra suburban home. Police suspected Ricky had committed suicide, as the day before she had tried but failed. But one detective on the case noticed something unusual,the toilet seat had been left up. Ricky, however, had been home alone all weekend. From this one observation, suspicions grew and an exhaustive investigation was launched into her death,uncovering an evil conspiracy of deceit and manipulation. The prime suspect was John Conway,one of their own.It seemed Ricky's murder would be unsolved,till a break-through came from an unlikely source. Without it, Ricky's death would have been a perfect murder.

Links for my order via Kalahari Books
America's Dumbest Criminals
An Almost Perfect Murder
Base Instincts
Butcher
Love,Lies And Murder

Now I wait.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for posting information about my books on your site--much appreciated. As an FYI, however, some of the pre-publication publicity information released for BUTCHER is erroneous. The book does not consist of three separate stories, but is merely one. Amazon.com has listed it this way, too, but I'm not sure how to get it corrected. Oh well, no matter--I'm just grateful to see some of my books on this great site! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gary
    Don't worry about the errors.I should be receiving your books soon and I will post a review asap where I will then correct the errors.Thanks for the visit,comment and compliment.I cannot wait for Friday coz my books gets here then!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search

My True Crime Library

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog